What is it?
Healing Touch is a biofield therapy. Biofields are spaces of magnetic energy around the body. These are integrated with your chakras or primary energy centers.
Healing Touch is a Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). It uses a series of hand movements to affect balance in the energy field and to promote energy flow, allowing your body to heal itself.
Healing Touch is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) and is recognized by The North American Nurses Diagnosis Association (ANDA).
Some clients address a single issue over a few sessions; others use it as part of a regular stress reduction or energy balancing program.
Some clients come every week. Others come twice a month.
Clients receive healing long distance or in my office.
Amenie Schweizer, M.Ed., CHTP
Has it been scientifically researched?
Yes it has – by the US National Institutes of Health and
- Standford University Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Oncology
- Department of Neurology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- The University of Texas Houston, Health Science Center
- St. Joseph Hospital in St Paul Minnesota
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri
- Prescott Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, Special Care Unit
- and many other universities and health care facilities
Some of the documented benefits include:
- Pain relief or decrease in pain level
- Acceleration of post-operative recovery
- Symptom relief during or after chemotherapy
- Decreased agitation in those with dementia [calming of those with dementia]
- Decrease depression, anxiety and/or stress
- Improved quality of life and mood
- Assistance with the dying process (relaxation, peace, acceptance)
- Improved mood
- Improved mobility after surgery
- Decreased use of pain medications post-operatively
- Immune system strengthening and support
If this sounds like something you'd like to experience, call for an appointment: 301-816-0752. Please call between 10 am and 8 pm Eastern Time, USA. Live in another time zone? You can check the time for Washington, DC by clicking here.
There are three parts to a session: Intake, Healing, and Results.
Initially we’ll talk about your medical history, stress levels, eating and exercise habits.
In subsequent sessions we’ll talk about how you feel that day. We’ll create goals for our work in each session. Or, if you just want to explore Healing Touch, that’s okay, too.
During a 1-hour session:
- You lie fully-clothed on a padded table
- Usually your eyes are closed
- You are in a very relaxed state or fall asleep
- Moving my hands in the space above your body, I check your energy flow
- Areas of constriction and pain are cleared
- Energy flow is promoted
At the end of the treatment, I thank you. You take a few moments to absorb the healing and then get up from the table. We talk, briefly. You may describe what you felt or what awareness you had.
Introductory Program (Includes an intake session and two healings.)
Manage the Stress Program (Includes an intake session, five healings and self-care instruction.)
Heal the Trauma and Stop the Drama Program (Includes an intake session, ten healings, self-care instruction and instructions for self-administering basic energy medicine.)
If this sounds like something you'd like to experience, call for an appointment: 301-816-0752. Please call between 10 am and 8 pm Eastern Time, USA. Live in another time zone? You can check Eastern time by clicking here and looking at New York.